Official State Parks grooming is set to begin once the new operator has been oriented to the groomer and another 6-8 inches has accumulated above the current snow base.
SkiTrails.com is providing a map of which trails were last groomed, as detected by a GPS device on the large grooming machine (does not include grooming using the snowmobile or older, smaller grooming machine). See map image and trail list below -- click on map to expand, and refresh browser/image for updates. Or click here for a more interactive map.
Important note: Depending on conditions, the groomer sometimes needs to make several passes on each trail in order to get the snow into a skiable condition. The times shown in the table and map below are only the last pass of the groomer.
Colors range from blue (just groomed) to orange (2-3 days ago) to yellow (4-7 days ago).
Grooming Schedule and Additional Information
- Normal State Parks grooming schedule is Thursday - Monday, December 1 to March 31. No grooming Tuesday and Wednesday. Trails are normally groomed for both classic and skate skiing.
- Click Live Conditions (here or in above navigation) for live web cam, current conditions and forecast.
- Check out the "Conditions 101" page, to learn how to use the information on this web site to forecast the actual ski conditions.
- Call (509) 238-4025 for State Parks recorded grooming report (also known as the "Snow Line").
- Direct questions or concerns about grooming to the Spokane Nordic Ski Association Grooming and Trails Committee -- click here to find their current contact information.
Thanks to State Parks staff for all they do to keep the Cross-Country Ski Park running smoothly, and to Inland Empire Paper Co. and Idaho Dep't of Lands for making their land available for trails.